Search gallery:

SAN XAVIER MISSION (169 images)

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
View: 25 | All
Next >
San Xavier del Bac, about 12 miles south of Tucson, is the best known and most elaborate colonial mission church in the Pimería Alta. Padre Kino first visited this site in 1692, and that year he established a mission program for the Piman (O’odham) People that lived in the area. Although the villagers built a small adobe home that served as a mission church, Kino’s plans for a full-fledged church never came to fruition. In the 1750s, a simple adobe hall church was constructed by...
more »
View: 25 | All
Next >